Friday, March 23, 2007

Thing #18: Online Tools

OK, this is weird--our Learning 2.0 keepers point out I skipped #18. Thing is, I distinctly remember writing it...but it's clearly not there. Maybe I wrote it and hit the wrong key somewhere and deleted it. The other possibility is that I was writing it in my head but never actually typed it. (I write in my head a lot, especially in the car or the shower, and only hope I can remember half of it when I finally get my hands on a recording implement.)

I now have to attempt to reconstruct what I did many weeks ago. I tried both Zoho and Google docs. Found the first very clean and intuitive interface-wise, but I found some things I could do better in Google docs. No, I no longer have the faintest idea what. Details have gone bye-bye.

I remember thinking two basic things about this exercise. One, how great this was for our have-not patrons without computers at home. It lets them not just come to the library to use something like a word processing program, but also gives them a place to store it--all for free (at least so far). The second thing was how this might work nicely for a small group trying to put together a document. One could create a group password and anyone could add or edit as needed. Especially nice for those who want something simpler than a wiki.

Sigh. I'm sure there were more brilliant insights the first time I composed this but they're gone with the wind...

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

Insights, shminsights... you did thing 18!