Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Learning Contract

I gotta tell ya, I have my doubts about this. I can see the logic behind it--writing stuff down often helps when it's something you don't really want to do or have trouble accomplishing successfully. Example: writing down everything you eat often helps you stick to a diet. With me, it's just another irritating obstacle (see previous post for how well I do with those). My philosophy of lifelong learning is the same as those Nike folks--"Just Do It!" I see some people getting so wrapped up in doing the contract they never get around to beginning the learning...using the thing as a mechanism for avoidance. Maybe it's because most of the things I've had to learn--especially for work--have been things I needed to figure out in a hurry. I wouldn't have time for a contact even if I wanted to do one.

No comments: