Friday, January 19, 2007

Thing #8: She Has Bloglines!

Not only have I figured out the URL to my public bloglines account (to wit, http://www.bloglines.com/public/oldcrowe) but I figured out how to add the list to my blog. It involves generating then cutting & pasting some HTML, but it's all pretty automatic, although it took some rooting around in Help files to figure it out. Plus ye olde "trial & error" method.

Didn't think a lot of Feedster--keyword searching is not too effective for finding anything useful in these sites unless you have a lot more time to wander around than I'm willing to spend. Topix.net was better. Too tired to look at the other two. Besides, the Vitual Learning Team already pointed me to the really important one, Unshelved! It took me three tries to sign up for that one, using slightly different methods--but I perservered. Humor is essential. The others were fairly easy. Still 1 feed short of the 10 required, but I'm sure I'll be able to find one. Next week; my brain is fried now.

No comments: