Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Thing #5-6: Flickr Rocks!

Oooooo, a person shouldn't be allowed to have so much fun at work! What I've done so far:

1. Created a Flickr account (easy since I already had a Yahoo account)
2. Uploaded some pictures of myself I had on my computer
3. Created a "buddy icon"
4. Used one of those 3rd party sites to create a badge for Captain Bullshit. [Problem--I was supposed to be able to save it on my computer but couldn't--some of these exercises might be problematic due to our high level of security.] Tried emailing it to myself but nothing's shown up yet.
5. Searched for cat pictures (of which there are bazillions); pictures of SJSU and King Library (people seem fascinated by the staircase); pictures of art students available w/Creative Commons license. (Great idea, BTW--you can find these on advanced search & know they're OK to use w/attribution.) I might use some in my PowerPoint for Art 100W.
6. Created a Flickr URL: http://www.flickr.com/photos/oldcrowe [but nothing shows up...is that because I didn't mark the photos public, but only for "friends"?] Back to the FAQ, I think...
7. Invited Pam Jackson to be a contact/friend. I think we finally have this worked out. She already had a Flickr account (I knew she would) but of course these were both different email addresses than the ones we have at work.

I gotta get a digital camera now!

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

You are rockin' and rollin'. Keep up the good work.